Today is the first time I have participated in The Sunday Ramble, but as the theme is “Sunday, Monday, Happy Days” I thought it would be both fun and helpful for me to try it. 🙂 The Sunday Ramble includes 5 questions.
- What is at least one thing that makes you happy today?
One of the priests at my parish has a dog, a golden retriever, and I saw him and the dog this morning. The dog’s name is Mia. The priest joked once that her name is short for “Ella es mia, no es tuya” (“she is mine, not yours”). I love that dog, and most dogs, and she recognizes me and knows how much I love her. ❤ ❤ That doesn’t mean I appreciate when she jumped on me and got light-colored dog hair all over my black shirt, before I even went into the church building. 🙂
- What is one thing that happened last week that made you feel positive and happy?
I was really happy to see the chrysalis the other day and especially to write poems about it. Yes, poems, plural. I’ll share the other poems in a post right after this!
- What is your positive personal mantra? (Mantra means “a statement or slogan repeated frequently” via Oxford Dictionary.)
I don’t really have one, but I like to say, “Jesus, I trust in You.” Especially when I am finding it difficult to do that! Fun fact: It happens to be Divine Mercy Sunday today.
- What is the nicest act you secretly did for someone?
Well, I can’t say, or else it would no longer be secret, would it? 😉
- What is one hobby you would like to try?
I used to be really into needlepoint, cross-stitching, and crocheting. I would really like to get back into those.
- Bonus Question: What is your go-to song to belt out in the shower?
Although I love to sing, I don’t usually sing in the shower. The only exception is, when I was taking a singing class in college, I would sing whatever song I was practicing in there, in the hopes that other people in my family would be less likely to hear me over the sound of the water. I think my plan backfired.